Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Being Professional......

               "Big dreaming is free but to achieve them, you have to pay BIG prize."

               Well, nothing new or strange in this thought but only a little bit of experience I can say. As you can see, this blog is coming after a long interval. I will not give typical excuse like I didn't get time as that's not true. But yes, one thing is there. In last February I was in Coimbatore, In March I was in Bangalore and in April It is Ahmadabad (Gandhinagar) till now. So this reverse A(Ahmadabad), B(Bangalore), C(Coimbatore) has made my mind unstable so I could not write anything which is publicly and blogly(its my self-made word, don't check dictionary) accepted.

               Ok, enough of excuses. So here the thing is this professional MNC job is making me 'deadly' professional. As sometimes I observe myself and think 'Oh... once upon a time I was also living Life!!! I was reading good books, playing my guitar, watching TV, also writing blogs and lot more...'  And I don't like this 'was' replacing 'is'. Many people think what's new in that, this is true life. You have to do all these things for money. You are in a TCS still why you are crying like this? Yes, you all are right. I have a good job with a good salary but my mindset is little different. I always follow 'Do what you like' policy in life till now. And I don't allow anybody to force me to do a single thing. And that thing I am not able to follow now. In office, mind is concentrated on work but heart deviates it 'what are you doing? where is your favorite music? your guitar? that incomplete novel? endless things.....I want to do and I won't say I don't have time for that but in that time the Liveliness and the joy of doing my favorite things is missing.



               Now you will say 'Enough yar, its frustration nothing else and it's same for everyone.' I agree but may be I am used to live my life on my terms and conditions that's why these things are affecting me more. May be I am wrong but this is the meaning which I feel about being a good Professional. Its like -
Life become so Numb....

               Anyways, Congrats if you read this whole blog and thank you for reading thoughts of  a freaky mind. Do comment something which is motivational. Need it. And if you are frustrated by reading this, do read my blog 'LIFE - Let It Flow Endlessly', it will help you.... :-)

9 comments:

  1. Well you are right but tell u what u need to take a break...meet some old friends if possible or do something within ur reach so that u recuperate 4m this feeling...Life will be topsy-turvied if u losse ur grip on it...so just hold on and go insane at times...it will surely b of great help...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debjit, i think i need some work to divert my mind as this is not only the reason of frustration..some other things are there. This is one of them so mind should be able to get out of all those stupid things.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi....
    be proud for urself for missing all these which are one of most awesome things in whole world or universe like books(reading),gutar(music),TV(?????)...some people dnt hv any single thing to miss...they are just missing facebook updates and youtube videos during office work....

    but just wait and watch...let corporate world show its true colors...

    first u wil be thrilled by learning new things...then after getting knowledge u wil hv also responsibility to implement it....it directly leads to workload...in worst u wil be totally covered by it..u hv to prove urself everyday...in corporate world thr is no word like eternal victory..war is everyday..

    but at tht time these all ur hobbies or passions wil come up and wil say to u "Hey Shruti,chill...we r here...lets show them true color of us...."

    and tht time u wil be capable enough to win ur job problems and continue job with full of joy OR to kick ob itself....choice will be urs..

    This blog reminds me one dialog frm movie Killer..(copied frm Tom Cruiz's movie Collateral)

    "JOB IS JOB."

    (--One more suggestion : Pack ur books,Guitar and TV set with cable or dish tv and take them to ur office everyday so u wil miss them less becoz they wil be with u everyday..and u wil get too loooooooooooooooooooooong time for all these....

    ReplyDelete
  4. shruti........gr8 yar. i can actually feel watever u wanted 2 say coz more or less we will be also facing same in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey shruti going through d same phase yaar. These phrases of urs 'living life at my terms' doing what i love to do, these r the thoughts that revolve in my mind each single day i m in office. i too always ask myself what am i doin?this is not what i wanted to do.... but yaar i just want 1 thing from u,dnt let this freaking professional life to change the real Shruti n her passions. I am nt saying to run away frm ur job, but please do find some time for ur passions....

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, happy to have you back in blogosphere,

    it was really moment of excitement when my dashboard tab flashed and told me that someone has written a new post, and it was you. Bravo!

    Its true that you must be happy that you have good job, good salary, hometown blah blah blah.... If someone can decide the factor of your happyness this person must be YOU. If you are regretting about the things you have abandoned in past, don't do that for your sake.

    p.s. Totally agree with debjit's comment. Go and meet some old friends, take a break and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How you fare this struggle of find right balance in your life, defines very much you. Sooner or later we all gonna adjust ourselves with right mix of comfort and need.All you need is to keep your hopes alive. Life is always forward , backwards are just good memories. :)

    --
    Rishi Anand

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey chill yaar..My situation is almost same like u..

    Let me tell u mine..On my first day of job..

    It was around 2:30 pm. My lunch time was between 1pm to 2pm. but i didn't went for lunch..

    Around 3 pm, my operational manager came and told me to go for lunch..and suddenly i started crying..u know y..

    i replied him that sir i am missing my frnds..family..college..and my operational manager started laughing..

    Till date daily around 5 times i am listening to the song of College Life and Yaaron Dosti..on my lunch time..or whenever i get time..

    I want my college life back but i know its not at all possible..This is Life..And We have to live it..

    I am not talking with any one of my colleague..except Mayur..

    I am happy in Bangalore only because of PG frnds..

    So i hope this long one is more than enough..

    And for u..just continue to live like u were in college time..thatz it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are tribute ni shun jarur hati,,ok vaandho nahi,,,ok fine..Thanks....

    ReplyDelete